5 Best Summer Skin Care Tips
Summer Skincare Tips – The Ivy Day Spa skin care experts have assembled a list of summer skin care tips to keep your skin safe, healthy and looking great throughout the season.
It’s important to take care of your skin all year long, however even more so during the summer to protect against harsh UVB and UVA rays, and skin cancer.
5 Summer Skincare Tips
To prevent sun damage, uneven skin, redness and more, follow these tips to ensure your skin stays healthy all summer long.
- Apply sunscreen every day to all exposed areas. Sunscreen is one of the best defendants against sunburn, premature aging, age spots, wrinkles, and more. Protect from harmful rays with an SPF 30 or higher and applying at least 15 minutes before heading outside. Even on overcast days, UVB rays can still penetrate the skin and cause damage. Ask your esthetician for a recommendation for moisturizers with sunscreen for your skin type. The Ivy Day Spa Lifestyle Store features Coola Suncare Products for face and body!
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is key to staying cool in the sweltering summer months. This prevents dehydration and keeps the skin looking healthy and moisturized. It also helps the skin fight unwanted sunburns. Want to try something different? Try these easy to make flavored waters to keep you sipping and smiling all day long.
- Treat sunburns. If you do find yourself with too much sun try these tips to reduce the inflammation. Apply a deep moisturizing cream or lotion, pure aloe, or hydrocortisone cream for discomfort. If needed take an ibuprofren to reduce swelling and redness. Be sure to stay hydrated, sunburns draw fluid to the skin surface and away from the rest of the body.
- Eat healthy. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked with healthy foods and snacks. Not only will this help with any weight loss goals you’ve set, but will also keep your skin glowing and healthy all summer long. Ideal foods are leafy greens, avocados, tomatoes, pomegranate, and nuts.
- Get a facial. This is a great time to meet with your favorite esthetician and ask for summer skin care advice unique for your skin type and lifestyle. A professional facial will help exfoliate, lifting away dead and dull skin cells. This helps even out blotchiness and discoloration, while reducing excess oils. It also clears out your pores bacteria, leaving fresh and healthy skin. Maintaining a skin care routine, exfoliating, and exercise can also help your skin look nourished and healthy all summer.
Request an appointment online or call The Ivy Day Spa at 661-260-1244 today!