How to Sleep Better
Feeling tired? Massage could be the answer to improved sleep quality and better overall health.
Sleeping well is as important to your health as eating healthy and exercising. Poor sleep can be a factor contributing to numerous health issues, including weight gain, depression, and heart disease or stroke. Taking steps to ensure a better sleep is a great way to feel healthier, energized, and increase immunity.
Signs of poor sleep quality:
- It takes more than 30 minutes to fall asleep after you get into bed.
- You wake up more than once during the night.
- Can’t shake the tired feeling and have difficulty concentrating throughout the day. You may be reaching for caffeine to stay alert.
- Frequent cravings for junk food, or noticing weight gain.
- Skin is more prone to break outs and your eyes are puffy, red, or developing dark circles.
- Feeling more stressed out, emotionally exhausted, or angrier than usual.
If you said “Yes” to one or more of the statements above, you may want to look at ways to fall asleep easier, sleep deeper, and longer. We asked our professional massage therapists how regular massage treatments can help get your sleep habits back on track.
- Massage is one of the most effective ways to help relax the body and mind, and allow sleep to come easier.
- Massage can reduce stress or pain that are preventing you from achieving a sound sleep.
- Regular massage treatments have been found to help reduce depression and anxiety levels, and improve sleep quality.
- Therapeutic massage can help regulate your body temperature and improve your circulation.
The Ivy Day Spa offers a variety of massage modalities performed by professionally trained licensed therapists. Classic Swedish Massage is excellent for general relaxation, or try Firm Pressure to target specific areas for muscle soreness, tension, or injury. We also offer Maternity Massage for expecting mothers. Read this article for more Benefits of Massage.
See our complete MASSAGE MENU or call 661-260-1244 for assistance making a reservation.